There are numerous advantages to choosing mediation as a mechanism for resolving your dispute. Here are seven key advantages that make it a great alternative to costly and time-consuming court processes.
- Quicker – The timeframe for a mediation usually spans across days to weeks as opposed to the months or years of a court case.
- Cost effective – Employing a mediator is significantly cheaper than hiring a lawyer because of the significantly quicker timeframe. If you reach an agreement, you also save on all the costs and fees of preparing and running a trial, which can build up rapidly.
- Stress – The informal setting of a mediation makes the entire process much less stressful and less intimidating than the rules and rigor of the court.
- Confidential – While a court case is on the public record, mediation is confidential (unless the parties agree otherwise) and anything discussed cannot be used as evidence later.
- Preserves relationships – Since mediation is more about collaborative agreement rather than a destructive ‘win or lose’ situation, there is less impact to personal and business relationships.
- Flexibility and control – Unlike a legal dispute where there are strict steps and procedures to adhere to, mediation gives control to the parties. You are empowered with a greater say in the negotiation and outcome.
- Satisfaction – Increased control allows you (rather than a judge) decide and agree on an outcome that is likely to be more satisfying to you.
Convinced that mediation is right for you? You can get started by contacting The Accord Group at email@example.com or call us at (02) 9264 9506.
Mediation is a great alternative dispute resolution mechanism
Advantages of mediation over the court include saving on time, cost and stress
Mediation is confidential and flexible – you maintain control!
Importantly, increased control helps you reach a satisfying outcome and preserve relationships